The passing of time and old age result in the loss of physical and mental abilities. The health and abilities of some of the elderly are not always ideal, meaning they require someone at their side to care for them. There are families who choose nursing homes as the best option for their seniors, and others opt for Filipino home staff in Washington, D.C. from agencies like LPDS.
The change from adulthood to old age can be difficult, as much for the elder as for the family that accompanies them. Deterioration, be it slow or fast, is not easy to manage because problems appear that must be dealt with. The help of a professional is extremely important in order to care for seniors in the way that they need. But what problems are we talking about? What deterioration and complications tend to appear in the elderly?
- Deterioration of health in general. The internal organs age and weaken, which is why over time, illnesses appear that require treatment and medication. Our caregivers will take care of giving them the medication they need at the correct time and taking them to the doctor and to checkups when needed.
- Dietary problems: Eating habits can change in old age, and some seniors need help to eat comfortably. Our specialists will cook for them and help them at every meal.
- Sensory deterioration: Vision problems and hearing loss are a given. Over time we lose sensory acuity, which is why it’s necessary to have the help of a professional to carry out day-to-day tasks and activities.
- Problems with sleep and rest: In old age, the sleep cycle is shortened and altered. However, we can create a suitable routine to help the elderly fall asleep more easily at night.
- Decreased mobility: Physical limitations result in more dependence in day-to-day activities, which makes a professional caregiver indispensable.
- Mental health problems: Dementia is one of the most common problems in old age. It involves a disruption in the mind when it comes to remembering, thinking, attention or communication. Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia are two types of dementia that exist.
What services will you receive with our Filipino home staff in Washington, D.C.?
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and housekeeping
- Washing and ironing clothes
- Grocery shopping
- Kitchen service
- Nighttime monitoring
At LPDS we want the best team of caregivers for the elderly. That is why we carry out a rigorous selection process to hire the best and most qualified people for your family. You can count on our Filipino home staff in Washington, D.C.